The perfect working environment. Unrivalled panoramic views across Belfast City Centre and beyond.
THE EWART has been designed to be of high quality and to display a high level of environmental awareness. The building will be rated as BREEAM Excellent, but in addition, the office spaces themselves have been designed to maximise natural daylight and provide the perfect working environment.
Located in secure basement
Located in secure basement car park
6 Male, 6 Female, 1 Unisex
COIL AIR CONDITIONING
Served by chillers located at roof level plant area & LTHW boilers located within basement plantroom
High quality double height reception area
Waiting time - 25 seconds or less Lift Speed - 3m/s
62 Male, 62 Female
Raised Floor Zone
Floor to Ceiling Height
Means of escape ratio
1 person per 6m2
Exceptionally designed toilet and wash room facilities with male, female and unisex toilet provision on every floor.
- Foundations – Contiguous flight auger piled foundations.
- Basement slab – 400mm reinforced concrete slab cast in waterproof concrete.
- Retaining Walls - Secant pile installed to form the perimeter basement wall.
Floors - Typical upper floors are designed as insitu concrete flat slabs, Generally of 40N/mm2.
- 3.0KN/m2 typical upper floor live load, in addition,
- 5% of floor area will be designed for 7.5kN/m2.
- 0.85KN/m for raised floors, ceilings and services.
- Double glazed vision units to have a G value of 0.41. Glazing to be heat soaked toughened/ laminated as required. Glazing to provide laboratory tested attenuation of 39dB.
- Proprietary, thermally broken, extruded aluminum
- framed system with 60mm sightlines. Pressure plate
- and face capped system. All framing to be polyester powder costed, matt finish.
Covered plant spaces are provided within the basement level, and open plant space at roof level, serving the office floors and core areas by vertical riser ducts.
- 2 x 2.5MVA 11kV/400V or 6.6kV/400v transformers, serving a landlord main switchboard and distribution system.
- Offices: Office lighting comprising recessed modular luminaries selected to comply with the design intent of CIBSE Lighting Guide LG7.
- Reception: Overhead feature lighting provided to reception area.
- Lighting: 10W/m2
- Small Power: 25W/m2
Office occupancy climate ratio
1 person per 8 sq m
Passenger Lift Provision
- 8 High speed OTIS passenger lifts.
- Waiting time 25 seconds or less. Lift Speed - 3m/s.
- Handling capacity- 12% population in 5 mins.
Fresh Air Provision
- Offices - 12 l/s per person. One person per 8m2 (riser ducts and AHU’s shall be sized at 110%).
- Toilet - 10 air changes/hr make-up (10 air changes/hr extract).
- Showers - 10 air changes per hour.
Telecommunications and Data Installation
The Ewart has attained Wired Scored Platinum Certification.
The number and size of telecommunications ducts entering the building have been appropriately specified in the design to ensure the building is able to accommodate multiple service providers. The building's Telco Room has been designed to prevent damage to service provider equipment from localised flooding.
Two diverse intakes on different sides of the building have been implemented in the design to enable diverse routes for incoming service provider cabling. Two communication risers will support diversity and protect against potential disruption.
The building's design incorporates dedicated, secure and climate-controlled space for service provider equipment to be located.
A back-up generator has been specified to supply emergency power to service provider equipment.
TalkTalk Business, Openreach and Virgin Media have fibre infrastructure in the vicinity.
Service vehicle access at ground level from McClintock Street
Refuse and Recycling
There is a refuse store provided at the rear of the building opening onto McClintock Street at ground floor level.
20 Car parking spaces.
124 secure cycle spaces in basement with associated showers and change areas on ground floor.